Welcome

Hello followers and passers by and welcome to my blog. Here you will find my stories and musings on how to live a heathy and nutritious life based on the Paleolithic way of eating. I've been eating and living like this since 2009 and I've been reading and gatering a lot of information since my journey began.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Introduction

I've been pondering about starting a blog for a few months now and finally decided to give it a go.

I'm a firm believer in the paleolithic diet and nearly every day someone asks me about what I'm eating or how come I stay so fit & healthy.  And every day I'm amazed by how little most people know about what they put in their mouths.  They tend to be more interested in what's happening in the latest episode of some soap opera or TV show than what's happening to their health.  Most people think that if the don't eat fat and go to the gym a couple of times a week then everything will be fine.

I used to think the same myself until about late 2008 when a general visit to the GP to have my blood pressure checked, he thought it would be a good idea to have some blood work done.  Anyway, turns out that I had (in my GPs opinion) high cholesterol and he also needed to increase my hypertension medication.  I was a slim, very fit and (I thought) helathy individual and here I was, already on one medication and about to have to take another.  I was eating a low fat, high carb diet and following all of the dietary recommendations from the government.

I left the GPs office with a badly photocopied piece of paper with a list of things I shouldn't eat and had an appointment booked to go back in four months.

I was astounded; I was depressed; I was really ticked (insert your own expletive) off.  Heck, I was angry.

And then I started to do some research.

I'll talk about where I got started and the results of that research in my next post.

So what you can expect to see here on this blog are:
  • regular observiations and summaries from the dialogues I have with people
  • links to great research, books, podcasts and blogs that I come across
  • anything else I can think of
Take care until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment